Wednesday, March 25, 2009

DClone90



Just because I've got a new toy with my Nikon D90 doesn't mean I've given up tinkering with vintage and toy cameras. I've figured out a way to basically put a digital back on these cameras. Just use a piece of ground glass, attach it to the film plane and open the lens and take a picture of the glass with the digital camera.

I will perfect this with a tube later this Spring when it's warm enough to work comfortably in the garage. A black tube connecting the digital camera to the film camera will cut out stray light and should render an image faithful to what the lens (in this case a Diana Clone) projects to the film plane. It worked quite well in these first experiments.

Diana and Holga with digital backs and image stabilization, plus instant image gratification sounds like fun to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment